We will provide our children and parents with social, emotional, and educational resources.
We will eduip our children and parents with the tools to manage their lives successfully.
We will empower our children and parents with the support of partnerships and services in the community.
Poverty - The Seed of Trauma
Written by Shaleen Clay and Dr. Suzanne Maxwell
* About 60% of children are not enrolled in preschool programs and more than 60% do not have access to the highest-quality programs.
* 2.3 million children under the age of 6 live in Texas and over half are in low income homes
* Over 60% of children do not meet 3rd grade reading standards in both Dallas Independent School District and Fort Worth Independent School DIstrict
Dallas County Statistics
* Number of children living in poverty 155,000
* Percentage of children not having access to food 27%
* Number three in confirmed cases of child abuse
Tarrant County Statistics
* Number of children living in poverty 117,000
* Number of children not having access to food 26%
* Number four in confirmed cases of child abuse
Sources: Children at Risk, Texas Department of Education, Texas Education Scorecard
We would welcome the opportunity to share our story with you and how we will impact the community. Please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow us on LinkedIn